Thursday, July 17, 2008

Swan Lake

Today my mom and brother invited us to join them at Swan Lake.







We had such a great day. The weather was perfect this morning. I guess it was in the 70's and the humidity was low (not something we always see here in the summer). We covered the whole park, got to see a lot of baby ducks, baby turtle, my mom's friend Mr. Heron, a few flowers, spiders, and squirrels. As we were leaving I noticed a lady with an SLR and those always get my attention well as I headed over I discovered more. She was taking a picture of her mom and daughter feeding a big snapping turtle, I could not believe he was up on the shore begging for food. Since we had used up all of our bread she was nice enough to share a piece with Tyler. I begged him to feed the turtle so I could get a picture, but he did not want to get too close because he was certain the turtle wanted more than bread. This little guy was so cool.



Swan Lake is one of my most favorite places to be. When I am there all my stresses are gone(well except for trying to figure out how to get a nice picture, the lighting kills me). Swan Lake is somewhere I would go a lot with my mom and Billy and Todd when I attended College there and also when me and Todd lived there. I love being there. It's always so pretty. Even though I have been soooo many times, each time we go it seems there always something new. Isn't that what's so awesome about nature?!

No comments: