Saturday, March 03, 2012

The Robin and I
















Here in South Carolina it's a cozy, raining morning and the Robins are really enjoying themselves in the rain!


Tyler had to memorize this poem from his Abeka book when he was in first grade now it's also in Megan Primary Language Lessons book so this month we are revisiting this cute little poem so Megan can also memorize it. They really Love this poem:)
The Secret
BY ANONYMOUS
We have a secret, just we three,
The robin, and I, and the sweet cherry-tree;
The bird told the tree, and the tree told me,
And nobody knows it but just us three.

But of course the robin knows it best,
Because she built the--I shan't tell the rest;
And laid the four little--something in it--
I'm afraid I shall tell it every minute.

But if the tree and the robin don't peep,
I'll try my best the secret to keep;
Though I know when the little birds fly about
Then the whole secret will be out.

1 comment:

Marsha said...

I LOVE the picture. :)