Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Sold my books

Well all of the Abeka books that I took to the sale but did not sell on Sat are now gone. I responded to someones ad on our home school board and would you believe she has her own used home school book store and A beka was one of the names she deals with. So I carried the trunk load of books to her and got 40% of retail for them for a total of $572.65. I don't know who was more happy me or Todd. Todd loves when I get rid of stuff and I love when I make more money than I paid for something. I am excited about having this money to use for this years school wants/needs. Also the kids got to make 2 new friends while we were there. The lady had 2 teenage daughters that played with Tyler and Megan the whole time we were there, and they were such good kids. Full of manners and respect. They addressed there mom with yes ma'am and no ma'am and offered us something to drink and asked if we needed anything, without being told to do so, and if there mom did ask them to do something they responded with out hesitation. This is not the behavior I often see anymore out of teenagers. The more homeschoolers I meet the more impressed I am and that much more happy with the choice I have made to home school my own children.

No comments: