Sunday, March 04, 2007

Our visit to Gatlinburg





We had a great time visiting Gatlinburg. We stayed in a really nice Cabin. I could have stayed there and not come home except for the height of the balcony that made me very nervous with the kids. The kids really loved all the games the cabin offered though. This is a link to the cabin we stayed in while we were there: Altitude Adjustment
As it turned out my Aunt only lives about an hour from there so it was a great choice for a place for everyone to meet up and catch up a little on some old times and share some old pictures. Tyler loved playing Air Hockey with her.
While we were there we also got to walk around gatlinburg to see the shops there, and see a little bit of the Great Smokey Mountains National Park(I really loved it there), and we got to visit the Ripley's Aquarium. They had flowers planted that they had shaped into sea animals that were so neat. I also enjoyed getting to practice using the manual settings on my new 30D camera(too bad I later discovered the picture problems I was having while on vaction were due to a lemon camera and not what I was doing...all well....live and learn).
Overall though I do think It was a good vacation and that everyone had a good time. Although next time I will not rent a 3 story cabin. My poor parents and my aunt were pretty good troops about it though.

No comments: