Thursday, October 19, 2006

Thing 1 and Thing 2


Ok so anyone who has seen Mike Myer's Cat in the Hat might find the humor behind calling my children this. They are forever into something. I was almost finished cleaning the kitchen and I hear "mom, can I play with the snow, I won't make a mess" "ok, why not" Then within a few minutes I hear " Mom, I'll clean my mess, don't worry" I left the room for only a minute I swear it could not have been longer. And yes they have this stuff everywhere. (don't forget I just finished cleaning the kitchen and had left the room how only a minute) How do such sweet innocent little people make such big messes and always do the opposite of whatever they should be doing. When I walked in and saw what they had created I got the camera and of course Megan smiled her guilty smile and Tyler asked me why I was taking a picture. I told him because I wanted to be able to remember this. The very first thing that came to mind was " and they call them thing 1 and thing 2". Yes, that's my kids no question about it. They love to explore. What I call a mess...... They call: art..... creating...... playing....... and last but not least.... "fun.... fun ... fun....". Tyler woke up this morning singing this song the one from Cat in the Hat. So now it's there in my head and it will not go away. I think it might be time for that movie to turn up missing.

Our home is always a laugh. Nope, it's not ever boring. I have not been bored in years!!

No comments: