Friday, September 01, 2006

Tastes better than it looks!!








Last night I tried one of Mrs Paula Deen's recipes for the first time. I can not believe how easy and clean they make cooking look on TV. We tried her Country Fried Steak with Biscuits and Gravy. (o, the picture I took was before I added the gravy)
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_33506,00.html. Mine did not look like her's I will admit this. Actually it looked kind of nasty but it tasted really good thank goodness. I thought oh Biscuits...the kids can help with this one. So I roll out the dough I made and gave them the cookie cutters lightly floured. A few minutes later I have burnt country fried steak and 2 kids with flour and biscuit dough all over them. How could they have covered the whole kitchen with four so quickly? And Megan had goobs of dough on her neck and legs and goodness her hands were covered. So I did cook there biscuits and they ate them. I made a new batch of biscuits for me and Todd. These recipes I've been trying haven't really been cooking with kids kind of meals. They should add one of these to there networks for all the moms out there that really do like to include there kids in the cooking process. How else will kids learn to cook and fend for themselves?


Also I tried another one of the Everyday Italian recipes. And It was so good. So far I really love her recipes. These are 2 that we really enjoy making:
Chicken Tetrazzini
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_ei/episode/0,1976,FOOD_9958_37056,00.html
& her Italian Antipasto Salad
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_28006,00.html

I love that with these recipes I'm trying things I would never have thought of. And I have to shop for things I've never heard of. And some of this stuff is good. I just can't believe it.

No comments: