Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Just my outloud ramblings as they are

Just thinking, as I often do:) Life is too short to not live it to the fullest and enjoy it each and everyday. Each day I think about all my many blessings, too many to ever list them all and also I pray for those less fortunate. Each night when it's time to shut my eyes I like knowing that my family was cared for that day and they know I love them. Each day I try to greet everyone I meet with a smile and kind word. I like taking the time to look around and notice the beauty in all things. I believe in living by "the golden rule" and always try to teach my children this. I try to always learn from other's mistakes as well as my own(the Lord knows about them). I do feel like one person can make a difference in the lives of others. I know that we are not perfect but what do we have to loose by trying our best. Many of us picked a word for New Years and I could not pick just one. So I had 2. The first was LAUGHTER. Yes, it's good medicine. Laughing it feels good, it spreads, really it does. Have you have just started laughing for no reason at all? Sure there are a few around that will think you have completely lost it, but most usually smile and wonder why you are laughing and the cool part...you do not need a reason!! Just laugh. Why not? My other word was SIMPLIFY. Life gets busy. It does. I want to do it all but then there's sleep and dishes and laundry and grocery shopping and all the other daily unfinished tasks that I know are always nipping at my heels. I finally came to realize I can not escape from them, oh well, I tried...they won. However, less is more. No matter what it is! I will do all that I can and that's enough, it's okay if the laundry did not make it out of the dryer or if every fork we own is in the dishwasher waiting to run, it's okay. The world will not stop spinning. What matters to me is did I stop to play Lego's when the kids asked me to? Did I teach the kids to help the older lady in line behind us with her groceries? Did I do the things that will matter in 20 years? I hope so and if I didn't then I need to send myself a reminder.....

1 comment:

Marsha said...

Excellent thoughts April. I think we should all laugh more and simplify our lives.