Monday, March 24, 2008

Scrapbooking Freedom

I read The Big Picture Scrapbooking cover to cover. It gave me the most inspiration ever to actually sit down and scrapbook. From this book I gained a new insight into scrapbooking. She shares such valuable information in it. Sure I love looking at other idea books and magazines and at online galleries but I do not produce from those. With Stacy's book I had so much to show for the time I spent reading her book. It's nice to let go of perfection and to remind myself that in 50 or 100 years the namebrand of paper I used will not matter, The only thing that will be important is the story I leave behind.




So I have been eyeballing her PhotoFreedom book and I finally broke down and bought it. I have only read a % of it. But I can already feel what she is saying in this book.




I know I have said it but again I am repeating this. Stacy Julian and Becky Higgins are my 2 favorite scrapbookers. They are so alike and yet so different. I am hoping that after finishing Stacy's latest book I will be able to take the best of what I love the most of these two very talented women and apply it to my scrapbooking. Wouldn't it be awesome if the 2 of them teamed up and put together a book!!! It's ok to dream right?






No comments: